Bayram G. Ibrahimov, Azerbaijan Technical University, Baku, Azerbaijan, email@example.com
Arif H. Hasanov, Military Academy of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Baku, Azerbaijan
SYNCHROINFO JOURNAL. Volume 6, Number 2 (2020). P. 12-15.
The functional architecture of the subsystem picture messaging-IMS (Internet Protocol Multimedia Subsystem) for multimedia session management for multiservice NGN/IMS networks that determine the interaction systems and NGN protocols are investigated. The basic element of the IMS core network architecture are session control function CSCF (Call/Session Control Function) which is implemented on the SIP-server (Session Initiation Protocol) using the protocol. A block diagram of the functioning of the traffic service model of multimedia services in the NGN/IMS network when establishing sessions that use the network elements of the user data server HSS (Home Subscriber Server), CSCF control system core, signaling and media gateways (SGW & MGW, Signaling Gateway & Media Gateway). The characteristics of the effectiveness of the IMS and found that in the NGN / IMS multimedia services network in real time significantly alter the traffic characteristics as a service, and efficiency, which requires new models and approaches to assess the main indicators of quality of the service Triple Play. Based on the analysis of the quality NGN/IMS networks in the provision multimedia services, the mathematical model for evaluating the quality of services. This model takes into account the properties of self-similar random process with Hurst index and describes the quality of functioning of NGN/IMS architectural concept. Based on the model studied when performing voice services with the ability to activate multimedia applications, video telephony, multimedia traffic, Triple Play services. According to the study of mathematical models of NGN / IMS networks using SIP-servers analytical expressions to assess the indicators of a common set of operating characteristics of IP-based networks, which take into account the recommendations of ITU-T Y.1540 and Y.2000 and determined the average waiting time in the queue IMS system in the provision of multimedia services with the required parameters, providing a guaranteed quality of service QoS (Quality of Service). According to the latest recommendations of the ITU-T and based on SMO with queues can be defined by five network characteristics that are indicative of the effectiveness of multi-service NGN/IMS networks and an important indicator of QoS.
Keywords: multimedia traffic, SIP protocol, IMS subsystem, HSS server, quality of service, Diameter protocol, SIP-server
1. Filimonov A.Yu. (2007). Construction of multi-service Ethernet networks. St. Petersburg: BVH – St. Petersburg, 592 p.
2. Ibrahimov B.G., Hasanov A.G., Ibrahimov R.F. (2016). Analysis of performance characteristics of multiservice communication networksbased on the IMS subsystem. Moscow: MTUCI, pp. 36-37. (in Russian)
3. Ibrahimov B.G., Hasanov A.G. (2016). Investigation of the quality of the functioning of NGN / IMS networks during the establishment of a multimedia session. Moscow: PFUR, 2016, pp. 21-24.
4. Basharin G.P.., Bocharov P.P., Kogan Ya.A. (1989). Analysis of queues in computer networks. Theory and methods of calculation. Мoscow: Nauka. 336 p.
5. Gaidamaka Yu.V., Zaripova E.R., Vikhrova O.G. (2014). Approximate method of session initiation delay performance evaluation in IP multimedia subsystem. T-Comm, no.8, pp. 19-23. 6. Bosse J.G., Devetak F.U. (2007). Signaling in Telecommunications Networks. 2nd Ed. New York: Wiley. 830 p.