QUALITY OF SERVICE ASSESSMENT IN LTE NETWORKS WITH A LIMITED NUMBER OF USERS
Ndayikunda Juven, University of Bujumbura, Bujumbura, Burundi, firstname.lastname@example.org
SYNCHROINFO JOURNAL. Volume 6, Number 3 (2020). P. 14-19.
Narrow Band Internet of Things (NB-IoT) is the latest cellular radio access technology that was based on LTE technology and implemented as part of the 3GPP 3GPP 3GPP for Low-power Wide-area Network (LPWAN). The paper considers the features of NB-IoT standards based on the characteristics of the physical and channel layers of NB-IoT technology based on release 14-15 of the 3GPP group. The aim of this work is also to build and study a model for serving heterogeneous traffic in an isolated cell of the LTE standard, which supports the functionality of the Internet of Things IoT (Internet of Things), in particular eMTC (enhanced Machine Type Communication). The constructed mathematical model takes into account the heterogeneity of the arrival of requests and their dependence on the number of users of cellular services. Depending on the number of sources, incoming requests are described by Poisson or Engset models. The studied model makes it possible to dynamically allocate resources that have LTE.
Keywords: Internet of Things (IoT), LTE, eMTM, dynamic allocation, rate of lost requests, resource blocks, NB-IoT, bandwidth
- Collins Burton Mwakwata, Hassan Malik, Muhammad Mahtab Alam, Yannick Le Moullec, Sven Parand, Shahid Mumtaz. Narrowband Internet of Things (NB-IoT): From Physical (PHY) and Media Access Control (MAC) Layers Perspectives. Sensors (Basel). 2019 Jun 8.
- 3GPP ETSI TS 136 300 V14.3.0. LTE; Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) and Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access Network (E-UTRAN); Overall description. 2017. 347 p.
- 3GPP TS 36.101 V15.0. Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E–UTRA). User Equipment (UE) radio transmission and reception. 2017. 1547 р.
- Ryzhkov A.E. Development of NB-IoT technology. Proceedings of educational institutions of communication. 2017. Vol. 3. No. 4. P. 94-101.
- Salman, L., Salman, S., Jahangirian, S., Abraham, M.; German, F., Blair C., Krenz P. Energy efficient IoT-based smart home. IEEE 3rd World Forum on Internet of Things (WF-IoT), Reston, VA, USA, 12-14 December 2016.
- Beyene Y.D., Jantti R., Tirkkonen O., Ruttik K., Iraji S., Larmo A.; Tirronen T.; Torsner J. NB-IoT Technology Overview and Experience from Cloud-RAN Implementation. IEEE Wirel. Commun. 2017, 24, рр. 26-32.
- Xu T.; Darwazeh I. Non-Orthogonal Narrowband Internet of Things: A Design for Saving Bandwidth and Doubling the Number of Connected Devices. IEEE Internet Things J. 2018, 5, 2120-2129.
- Adhikary A., Lin X., Wang Y.E. Performance Evaluation of NB-IoT Coverage. IEEE 84th Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Fall), Montreal, QC, Canada, 18-21 September 2016.
- Ilnur Fauziev. NB-IoT: how does it work? Part 1. URL: https://habr.com/ru/company/ru_mts/blog/430496/ (date of access 10.12.2019).
- Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2017–2022, February, 2019.
- Stepanov S.N. Teletraffic theory: concepts, models, applications. Series “Theory and Practice of Infocommunications”. Moscow: Hotline – Telecom, 2015. 868 p.
- Huawei Global Industry Vision 2025, 2018.
- Stepanov S.N., Romanov A.M., Osiya D.L. Construction and analysis of a data transmission model on an access line from a finite group of subscribers. T-Comm. 2015. Vol. 9. No. 9. P. 29-34.
- Stepanov S.N., Stepanov M.S., Malikova E.E.,
- Tsogbadrakh A., Ndayikunda J. Construction and analysis of a generalized resource sharing model for LTE technologies with NB-IoT functionality. T-Comm. 2018. Vol. 12. No. 12. P. 71-77.
- Victor Alekseev. Quectel modules with NB-IoT and eMTC support. Wireless technology. No.2. 2018. P. 9-16.
- Begishev V., Petrov V., Samuylov A., Moltchanov D., Andreev S., Koucheryavy Y., Samouylov K. Resource Allocation and Sharing for Heterogeneous Data Collection over Conventional 3GPP LTE and Emerging NB-IoT Technologies. Computer Communications. 2018. Vol. 120. No. 2. P. 93-101.