Volume 2, Number 5 (2016)
Hiang Chuan, Tan
LTE/LTE-ADVANCED PHY LAYER CODING RATE BASED PERFORMANCE VERIFICATION (pp. 3-8)
V.P. Volchkov, V.G. Sannikov
SYNTHESIS OF CHANNEL PRECODERS FOR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS WITH FINIT SIGNAL BASIS (pp. 9-14)
G.S. Brajlovsky, V.I. Nikiforov
THE SYNCHRONIZATION IN DUPLEX DIGITAL COMMUNICATION CHANNELS (pp. 15-18)
V.A. Zhirov, S.G. Zaitsev, A.V. Ovcharenko
THE ANALOG DIGITAL CONVERSION OF THE BROADBAND COMPOSITE SIGNAL (pp. 19-23)
E.M. Lobov, I.S. Kosilov, N.A. Kandaurov, B.A. Elsukov
WIDEBAND SIGNALS DETECTION PERFORMANCE IN THE CONDITIONS OF THE DISPERSION DISTORTION IN THE IONOSPHERE RADIOLINK (pp. 24-28)
E.O. Karpukhin, R.B. Mazepa, V.Yu. Mikhailov
EFFICIENCY OF SIGNAL CODE CONSTRUCTIONS APPLICATION ON THE BASIS OF FH-OFDM UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DOPPLER EFFECT (pp. 29-35)
ABSTRACTS & REFERENCES
LTE/LTE-ADVANCED PHY LAYER CODING RATE BASED PERFORMANCE VERIFICATION
Hiang Chuan, Tan,
Keysight Wireless Solution Architect,Santa Rosa, California, United States
This paper addresses the measurement needs and test challenges for LTE and LTE-Advanced mobile devices. In particular, it focuses on verifying user equipment (UE) receiver and transmitter implementation and characterizing its performance which is not fully specified in 3GPP test requirements but is expected to be in compliance. 3GPP defines the detailed implementation of the LTE radio technologies and derived UE test specifications that must be met universally by chipset providers and mobile device providers. Protocol implementation, radio resource management and radio conformance test are governed by certification labs to ensure the UE released to the network will perform according to acceptable minimum requirements. However, large portion of implementations of the chipset resource scheduling mathematically specified and implemented changes according to numerous varying factors that are complex and time consuming to be fully tested. Characterizing of receiver performance is generally covered in 3GPP test requirements, with limited pre-defined emulation conditions. This paper recommends comprehensive LTE UE receiver and transmitter performance verification with varying code rate to allow robust verification of the receiver implementation for operation on the real world.
1. 3GPP TS 36.211: “Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA); Physical channels and modulation”.
2. 3GPP TS 36.213: “Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA); Physical layer procedures”.
3. LTE Handbook: http://www.sharetechnote.com/html/Handbook_LTE.html.
4. LTE and the Evolution to 4G Wireless: Design and Measurement Challenges. ISBN: 978-1-1199-6257-1
SYNTHESIS OF CHANNEL PRECODERS FOR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS WITH FINIT SIGNAL BASIS
The report are general mathematical formulation of the objectives of the synthesis of the optimal precoder, its decision method of calculus, as well as the example of formation of finit signal basises of input and output frequency-selective channel.
1. Sannikov V.G. Synthesis of finite Nyquist signals matched with a telephone communication channel. Electrosvyaz. No. 5. 2012, pp. 9-12.
2. Sannikov V.G. Optimization method of radiotelephone communication. Journal of Radioelectronics: electronic journal. 2014. URL #: http: // ire.cplire.ru / jre / nov 14/17 / text.pdf.
3. Volchkov V.P. New technologies for transmitting and processing information based on well-localized signal bases. Scientific reports of Belgorod State University, Series “History, Political Science, Economics, Informatics”. No. 15 (70). 2009. Issue. 12/1.
4. Goldsmith A. Wireless Communications. Moscow: Technosphere. 2011.
THE SYNCHRONIZATION IN DUPLEX DIGITAL COMMUNICATION CHANNELS
The specialized modems, which can execute time synchronization and formation of signals of reference frequencies at space-distanced points, except data transmission, are considered. There are presented the structure of communication system and some recommendations on the allotment of clock frequency from the data channel and on construction of the phase-locked loop for formation of reference frequencies.
1. Prokis J. Digital Communications. Moscow: Radio and communications. 2000. 800 p.
2. Zhodzishsky M.I., Mazepa R.B., Ovsyannikov E.P. et al. Digital radio receiving systems: Handbook. Moscow: Radio and Communications. 1990. 208 p.
3. Okunev Yu.B. Digital transmission of information by phase-modulated signals. Moscow: Radio and communications. 1991. 296 p.
4. Automated control of asynchronous processes in computers and discrete systems. Moscow: Science. Ch. ed. Phys.-Math. lit., 1986. 400 p.
5. Brailovsky G.S., Nikiforov V.I., Sinilnikov A.M. The construction of a synchronization system based on digital data transmission channels. Methods and devices for the transmission and processing of information. Interuniversity collection of scientific papers. Vol. 6. SPb.: Gidrometeoizdat. 2004. 208 p.
THE ANALOG DIGITAL CONVERSION OF THE BROADBAND COMPOSITE SIGNAL
V.A. Zhirov, email@example.com,
S.G. Zaitsev, firstname.lastname@example.org,
A.V. Ovcharenko, email@example.com,
Radioresearch&developmentinstitute«leningrad branch of radio reserch &development institute», St.Petersburg, Russia
The results of researches of analog digital conversion of the broadband composite signal formed by signals with a different band and power are provided. The composite signal is exposed to analog-digital conversion with sampling rate on all band, and components then are filtered taking into account manipulation speed. Research objective is determination of possibility of separation and demodulation of feeble components in case of such digitization. It is quite expected and confirmed with simulation that for powerful components, distortions in case of digitization, recognize the assessment by known methods, but imperfection of characteristics of the modern broadband ADC practically don’t worsen reliability in case of the subsequent demodulation. During the theoretical analysis and computer simulation is also shown, that it is fair and for low-power components of a composite signal, when the envelope is laid down in 1-2 discharges of ADC. Is revealed that the main problem for feeble components is zero drift of ADC, conditioned, in particular, insufficient filtering of low frequency components. Are formulated the requirements for precision retention zero. During researches authors were guided by characteristics of ADC EV10AQ190.
1. EV10AQ190. Low power QUAD 10-bit 1.25 Gsps ADC Operating up to 5 Gsps. Datasheet. Company «e2v semiconductors». 2010.
2. Walt Kester. Data conversion handbook. Analog Devices, Inc. 2005. 953 p.
WIDEBAND SIGNALS DETECTION PERFORMANCE IN THE CONDITIONS OF THE DISPERSION DISTORTION IN THE IONOSPHERE RADIOLINK
E.M. Lobov, I.S. Kosilov, N.A. Kandaurov, B.A. Elsukov,
Moscow Technical University of Radio and Communications, Moscow, Russia
There are advantages of using direct sequencing spread spectrum (DSSS) communication systems: high noise immunity (ability of a communication system to operate with a negative signal / noise ratio of the signal power in the band), electromagnetic compatibility with narrowband communications systems, the possibility of separating the subscribers in the form of the signal separation multipath component and summing their energy. On the other hand, the frequency dispersion, perhaps – the most significant obstacle for broadband radio transmission of information in the HF range. At the reception energy losses occur due to the dispersion of distortion signals. These losses cause degradation detectors wideband signals.
1. Varakin L.E. Communication systems with noise-like signals. Moscow: Radio and communications. 1985. 384 p.
2. Levin B.R. Theoretical Foundations of Statistical Radio Engineering. 3rd ed., Revised. and add. Moscow: Radio and communications. 1989. 656 p.
3. Borisov V.I., Zinchuk V.M., Limarev A.E., Mukhin N.P., Nakhmanson G.S. Interference immunity of radio communication systems with the expansion of the spectrum of signals by modulation of the carrier pseudo-random sequence. Moscow: Radio and communications. 2003. 640 p.
4. Ivanov D.V. Methods and mathematical models for studying the propagation in the ionosphere of complex decameter signals and correcting their dispersion distortions. Yoshkar-Ola: MarSTU. 2006. 266 p.
5. Lobov E.M. Estimation of noise immunity of a radio line with frequency dispersion. Transactions of RNTORES im. A.S. Popova, series: “Scientific session dedicated to Radio Day.” Moscow: Inzvyazizdat. 2010. Issue. 65, pp. 404-406.
6. Kosilov I.S., Lobov E.M. Calculation of noise immunity of broadband ionospheric radio lines using noise-like signals based on forecasting data. T-Comm. 2011. No. 11, pp. 68-70.
EFFICIENCY OF SIGNAL CODE CONSTRUCTIONS APPLICATION ON THE BASIS OF FH-OFDM UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DOPPLER EFFECT
Perspective FHOFDM-based signal-code constructions are considered, consisting of LDPC, convolutional turbo codes, cascade codes (Reed-Solomon and convolutional codes) and Reed-Solomon codes with FM-4 and OFM-4 modulations. The results of simulation of CCM data in the Matlab environment under the influence of the Doppler effect are presented. The use of signal-code [design based on FH-OFDM allows you to effectively deal with the effects of the Doppler shift on the information and communication system.
1. Yong Soo Cho, Jaekwon Kim, Won Young Yang, Chung G. Kang. MIMO-OFDM Wireless Communications with MATLAB. Wiley: 2010. 544 p.
2. Won Y. Yang, Yong S. Cho, Won G. Jeon, Jeong W. Lee, Jong H. Paik, Jae K. Kim, Mi-Hyun Lee, Kyu I. Lee, Kyung W. Park, Kyung S. Woo. MATLAB®/Simulink for Digital Communication. A-Jin Publishing, 2009. 115 p.